To register for a workshop, you must submit a non-refundable deposit on the Register page to secure your spot on the trip. You will be emailed an application, which must be returned along with the remainder of the tuition to complete your registration. We can arrange a payment plan if that is helpful, however your tuition must be paid in full 90 days in advance of the workshop for which you are registered.
Travel and Other Expenses
Under no circumstances will we be liable or pay for any personal costs, such as (but not limited to) airfare, lodging, car rental, or meals outside the workshop. For your peace of mind we strongly encourage you to purchase travel insurance to cover any losses resulting from the unlikely event of a canceled workshop.
Health and Physical Considerations
Our workshops can be moderately physically demanding. Workshop participants should be able to walk or hike to locations in areas where there are no dedicated paths, must be able to carry their own equipment, and should be competent swimmers. We will spend 7 days working and camping in the landscape, where temperatures can range from highs in the 90’s to lows in the 40‘s (F) (though it’s usually a more pleasant range from 50 to 80 degrees), and we may hike as much as 4-6 miles in a day (though typically 1-3). If you currently have, or have had in the past, any impairing physical conditions or are taking required medications, please advise us in advance. If you have any concern about your ability to participate in a particular workshop, please consult a physician and submit a letter from them with your application stating that you are physically competent to endure the challenges of living and hiking in this desert environment. A recommended Body Mass Index (BMI) for attendees is between 19-29. If you are above or below these values, please consult us before you register. You can assess your BMI HERE
Smoking is not allowed on or near the boat, campsites, during instructional sessions, during group meals, or at other times when in close quarters with other workshop participants.
Alcohol and Drugs
Due to the fact that we will be spending seven days in each others immediate company, and because we need people 100% alert, responsive and functional in case of an emergency, alcohol and non-prescription drugs are not allowed during the course of the workshop. You won’t need anything to enhance your experience, as the locations we will be in are of themselves, exhilarating and ‘mind-blowing’.
Spouses, friends, significant others and non-photographers can only attend as registered participants of this workshop, and are required to pay full tuition, though we do offer a $200 discount if you bring a second person.
Leaving During the Workshop
Once we are on the water, we will be up to 2-8 hours away (by boat) from the marina where we launch, and there will not be any trips back to the marina (except for medical emergencies) until the end of the workshop. If you feel the need to leave/go back to the marina while the workshop is in session, this can be accommodated, however there will be a $500 fee to do so, and you will forfeit the remainder of your tuition payment for the workshop.
Transportation on the Lake
We offer free lake transportation to attendees on our personal pontoon boat and/or houseboat. Although most attendees prefer to travel with us, as an alternative you may rent your own boat from the marina. If you choose to arrange your own transportation, we will provide you with an itinerary and a map of the locations at no charge, as well as contact information for the Bullfrog Boat Rental Dock.
Workshop dates are established a year in advance to maximize photographic opportunities. Consequently, changes in dates may, on rare occasions, have to be made for unforeseen occurrences. We will do everything possible to insure that all workshops will take place on the dates listed. If changes must be made, you will be notified as much in advance as possible and be given the option to postpone to a future workshop date.
Minimum Number of Participants
Due to extremely high costs for putting on these fantastic workshops, each workshop must meet a minimum number of participants to cover expenses. For the Dynamic Landscape workshop, the minimum number of participants is 2. For the Dynamic Nude workshop, the minimum number is 9. Though we have never had to cancel a workshop – if the workshop cannot commence because there are not enough attendees to make the trip happen – all monies paid will be applied to the next workshop of your choice.
Your deposit and remainder payment are non-refundable, due to the extremely high costs required in advance of the workshop for it to commence, and because once the spaces are full – people are turned away that otherwise could have taken your spot. If for any reason you can’t (or choose not to) make the dates, you must let us know in writing 90 days in advance of the workshop for which you are registered – so we can try to find someone else to fill your seat. If someone can be found to take your seat – we will apply your payment to the next available workshop of your choice within the next year (please note there may be cost/price increases in the workshop the following year). If you cancel less than 90 days before the workshop for which you are registered, and a replacement cannot be found, your payments will be forfeited to cover the expenses we have invested to accommodate you on the trip.
Only once in 17 years has Glen Canyon National Recreation Area (Lake Powell) been closed during our workshop dates. Even if we are not able to get on the lake during our workshop dates, we are fully set up for (and have successfully done) workshops close to the park, with equally stunning locations that share the same dramatic landscape – and some locations are even better than those on the lake. Some of the magnificent locations we explore on our alternate itinerary of the workshop are Little Wild Horse Slot Canyon, the epic grottos and slots of the Irish Canyons, huge Ancient Pictograph Panels, Stone Miner’s Cabins, stunning hidden parts of Goblin Valley, Little Egypt geologic area, pristine and scenic Sand Dunes, Massive Boulder Fields, and other spectacular locations – none of which can be found during our regular workshop on the lake. If the park happens to be closed during our scheduled dates, you will receive the alternate itinerary and meeting location. This workshop is not dependent on the locations on lake powell, and will go ahead as scheduled regardless of whether the lake is open or not.
Changing Workshop Weeks
If you have paid a deposit or registered for a specified week, and need to change it to another week, there will be a $200 fee to change to a workshop week with open spaces (unless someone drops out from a full week and makes a space available). Because we have to plan for supplies, models, etc for a given week, if everyone changes dates, it severely complicates our logistics. We also have to change online text, paypal links etc if your change necessitates a week going from “sold out” to having space available. Ideally it’s best to stay with the week you are in – though we are happy to try to change dates if needed.
If one of our featured instructors is not able to join us (due to unforeseen circumstances) the workshop will still go ahead as planned with the remaining instructor(s). The current instructors for our workshops are Joel Belmont and Craig Blacklock.
Our workshops are covered by a Money-Back Guarantee. If an attending participant, who has paid in full, lets us know they aren’t completely thrilled with the workshop by the second day – we’ll happily return them (even from a remote location) to where we started, and refund every penny we’ve been paid (does not include other costs incurred, like travel, lodging, etc). Not one person has ever taken us up on this – because we always over-deliver an amazing experience, but regardless we want you to know that your investment is risk-free.
- Since there is always an element of risk in any exciting activity associated with the outdoors, participants must read this form carefully and acknowledge understanding and agreement with its terms and conditions by providing a signature on the first day of the workshop.
- Dynamic Photography Workshops, Joel & Lilian Belmont, their guides, models, instructors, boat captains and cooperating agents endeavor to provide every participant a safe, enlightening, and pleasurable experience.
- Dynamic Photography Workshops, Joel & Lilian Belmont, their guides, models, instructors, boat captains and cooperating agents will not be held liable for events beyond its control such as, but not limited to, inclement weather; problems with any travel; baggage loss before, during, or after the workshop; damage to, loss or theft of photographic equipment; or equipment failure, etc.
- Dynamic Photography Workshops, Joel & Lilian Belmont, their guides, models, instructors, boat captains and cooperating agents assume no responsibility, however caused, for injury, loss, or damage to person or property in connection with any service resulting directly or indirectly from acts of God, detention, annoyance, delays and expenses arising from quarantines, strikes, thefts, pilferage, force majeure, acts of terrorism, or failure of any means of conveyance to arrive or depart as scheduled, civil disturbances, government restrictions, regulations, park closure, discrepancies or change in transit or hotel services over which it has no control.
- These Workshops are not without risk and Dynamic Photography Workshops, Joel & Lilian Belmont, their guides, models, instructors, boat captains and any cooperating agent will not be held liable for any injury, medical emergency, or fatality arising from or during a Workshop. These conditions include, but are not limited to sprained ankles, broken bones, cuts and bruises, dehydration, heart attacks, snake bites, trauma, etc. While we have preparations in place to help address emergencies, participants must be willing to be completely responsible for their well-being and to accept these and other risks inherent in participating in these workshops.
- We reserve the right to change our arrangements should conditions necessitate, or to cancel any aspect of the workshop due to exceptional circumstances. In the event that we deem it necessary to completely cancel a workshop, unless it is postponed due to lack of minimum number of participants, we will provide a refund of monies we have received, which the participant acknowledges as full and final settlement.
- In the event of any workshop cancellation, Dynamic Photography Workshops will not reimburse any airline ticket fees, car rental fees, hotel reservations, or any other expenses associated with participation in this workshop. We strongly recommend that you purchase refundable airline tickets and make refundable car and hotel reservations. We also recommend that you carry travel and equipment insurance.
- By applying for this workshop, you certify that you (the participant) are physically fit and capable of participating in outdoor photography exercises in field locations, are capable of camping and living in a desert environment, and are fully and completely aware of any and all associated risks.
- You are responsible for being at designated meeting places at the designated time and have your photographic equipment with you. If you are not present at the designated time and place and the group proceeds without you, you will not be refunded any workshop registration fees for the day(s) or time(s) you were not able to participate due to your “no-show” or tardiness, and may incur an additional fee if we have to pick you up at the marina from a remote location.
- By registering for and joining this workshop you acknowledge that you have read the above information concerning responsibility and release Dynamic Photography Workshops, Joel & Lilian Belmont, their guides, models, instructors, boat captains and cooperating agents from any liability. Dynamic Photography Workshops, Joel & Lilian Belmont, their guides, models, instructors, boat captains and cooperating agents assume no liability for injury, illness, accident, fatality, or loss of personal property or expenses thereof. You also acknowledge that Dynamic Photography Workshops reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at anytime and that workshop policies are subject to change at any time.